POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The dangers of LaTeX : Re: The dangers of LaTeX Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:15:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The dangers of LaTeX
From: Invisible
Date: 23 Mar 2010 06:40:47
Message: <4ba89aaf$1@news.povray.org>
Le_Forgeron wrote:
> Invisible a écrit :
>> Ah yes, but for the weird capitalisation, this could look even more
>> dangerous than it already does...
>>
>> Yeah, the trouble with LaTeX is that you sometimes get so excited with
>> how awesome the typesetting looks and writing the intro page and setting
>> up clever macro frameworks that you forget to, you know, WRITE SOME
>> CONTENT!
>>
>> Or maybe it's only me that does this?
>
> Raw LaTex can be disturbing... that's why using a GUI like lyx is
> somehow helpful, at least for me.

LyX is nice, but it doesn't let you use certain features. (And it
certainly doesn't let you add custom environments and stuff.) That's why
I generally use LaTeX directly. Still, LyX certainly has advantages -
like having some idea what your document is going to look like without
recompiling it every 20 seconds...