POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : volume rendering from a text file containing positions in 3 dimensions : Re: volume rendering from a text file containing positions in 3 dimensions Server Time
7 Jul 2024 08:08:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: volume rendering from a text file containing positions in 3 dimensions
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 22 Mar 2010 19:16:45
Message: <4ba7fa5d$1@news.povray.org>
anki wrote:

> could you please suggest me the best way to put the light source and camera
> position

there is no general answer to this ... how should the image look
like? I'd probably start by translating the particles by <-20,-10,0>
and placing the camera at <0,0,-10> with look_at <0,0,0>. Then the
objects are centered and the initial setup is easy to understand.
Next, change the distance of the camera and play with the angle
keyword to get the desired zoom. The light should probably be
much further away from the origin, try an initial value of
<-100,80,-60> or so. Finally, move the camera to the side
or rotate the geometry to get the desired perspective.