POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Output Alpha problem when exporting from blender : Re: Output Alpha problem when exporting from blender Server Time
3 Jul 2024 17:17:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Output Alpha problem when exporting from blender
From: clipka
Date: 21 Mar 2010 21:48:12
Message: <4ba6cc5c$1@news.povray.org>
Mr schrieb:
>> Same does (or at least should) happen with "background" when you use
>> RGBT colors with 1 for transmit.
>
> Well maybe I have been using a bug of the background feature that does just what
> I needed then.
>
>> Maybe what you really want to achieve needs filter instead of transmit?

I just tried it myself (using POV-Ray only - God forbid that blender
ever finds its way onto my computer ;-)), and came to the conclusion
that (A) transmit is indeed what you want; (B) tga output differs
slightly under some circumstances (at least when viewed with IC; I
suspect some pitfalls regarding gamma handling with respect to the alpha
channel); but also that aside from these small discrepancies, (C) my
current POV-Ray beta development version does it right (to the best of
my knowledge it should match official beta.36 regarding output file
alpha handling), so that (D) from my seat it appears that there's some
issue with blender's alpha channel handling.