POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bullet : Re: Bullet Server Time
28 May 2024 21:39:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bullet
From: clipka
Date: 21 Mar 2010 15:56:28
Message: <4ba679ec$1@news.povray.org>
Dave Blandston schrieb:

> Thanks! I see that I made at least two major mistakes with the casing texture. I
> added a slight granite normal to the casing, and made the specular highlights a
> little too dull. My errors made it look like plastic. I think the military may
> have painted their brass cases green. Here are the reference photos I used:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7.62x39mm

I stand corrected in all aspects: Not only was I wrong about the
material of the projectile in this case, but also about that of the
casing; according to the description of the image, it is actually not
brass, but rather steel.

And no, I don't think the material you used for the case looks
particularly pastic-ish.