POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Speaking of music reimaginings... : Re: Speaking of music reimaginings... Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:18:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Speaking of music reimaginings...
From: Warp
Date: 20 Mar 2010 20:40:48
Message: <4ba56b0f@news.povray.org>
Slime <fak### [at] emailaddress> wrote:
> As a side note, I find it amusing that the second movie has black bars on
> the sides *and* the top and bottom, and yet still has the wrong aspect
> ratio!

  In order for a video to not to fill the entire YouTube player horizontally,
you have to explicitly make the video have a 4:3 resolution. This means that
for a widescreen movie clip you have to add empty space above and below in
order to make the video have a 4:3 resolution. (If you sent a video to
YouTube which had eg. a 16:9 resolution, it would automatically fill the
player window horizontally.)

  This raises the question: Why does someone explicitly convert a widescreen
movie clip to a 4:3 resolution by adding empty space before sending the video
to YouTube? Why go through the trouble in the first place?

--
                                                          - Warp