POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Great days : Re: Great days Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:15:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Great days
From: scott
Date: 18 Mar 2010 05:46:48
Message: <4ba1f688$1@news.povray.org>
>> I doubt anything this astonishing is ever likely to happen again in my
>> own lifetime.
>
> Heh. And people wonder why Amiga users are such zeolots...

I remember on my Acorn there were lots of programs that would let you play
and edit all those amiga music formats.  No doubt that the Amiga really
invented (or at least made popular) that method of creating and storing
music.  Actually just a few months back I ripped all the data off my Acorn
to my PC to run under the emulator and came across all those music files
that are just a few 10's of kilobytes.  Amazingly WinAmp could play them
straight!

Actually there are more sophisticated programs still available and used
today based on them, my friend used to use "FruityLoops" or something to
make music on his PC.