POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Square Root problem : Re: Square Root problem Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:18:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Square Root problem
From: Vincent Le Chevalier
Date: 16 Mar 2010 16:54:07
Message: <4b9fefef$1@news.povray.org>
Alain wrote:
> It can be possible, but definetly not in plane geometry.

Well it's not possible either in spherical geometry, and I doubt you'll
find a "reasonable" space that does not respect triangle inequality...

Remember, my argument was not about the angles but about the distances.
What I'm saying is that if you're looking for a triangle where the
length of one side is longer than the sum of the lengths of the other
two sides, you have bigger problems than the square root to worry about...

--
Vincent