POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : HDMI cable confusion/paranoia : Re: HDMI cable confusion/paranoia Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:20:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: HDMI cable confusion/paranoia
From: Darren New
Date: 16 Mar 2010 15:58:11
Message: <4b9fe2d3$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   The only way the recorder can do that automatically is if the TV channel
> sends metadata telling when the commercial break begins and ends.op

Nah. I have an automatic commercial cutter that does a good job. The only
thing that happens is it'll sometimes chop out instant replays in oliveball.

It looks for change of resolution or aspect ratio, change in the size of
black bars, and most commercial breaks wind up having a frame or two of
digital silence and black on either side, because the commercials are coming
from a different server than the programming, so there's a frame or two to
regain sync at the transmitter.  At least here this works remarkably well.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   The question in today's corporate environment is not