POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : You lose some... : Re: You lose some... Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:19:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: You lose some...
From: Sabrina Kilian
Date: 16 Mar 2010 14:02:59
Message: <4b9fc7d3$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:
> Have a Google for studio lighting tutorials, you may find something
> useful. And maybe you can find a tutorial on photography composition to
> help with the scene. I use a modeller so I can have an idea what the
> scene will look like before rendering.
Strobist is a great lighting resource. It is more geared to
photographers, and getting them to use off-camera flashes, but the same
ideas for separating the subject from the background by changing light
distances and intensities is just as usable in POV. Their image pool on
Flickr is good inspiration as well.

I work from an engineering mindset when building a scene. Either I know
what the end result is going to be, and just keep tweaking the pieces
until it gets there; or I know what the pieces are and I just play with
random numbers until something ends up where I like it.