POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : When B, A : Re: When B, A Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:17:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: When B, A
From: Doctor John
Date: 16 Mar 2010 13:57:28
Message: <4b9fc688@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> scott wrote:
>>> To me, the weird thing about language is that just changing the order
>>> of words can totally transform the meaning of the sentence...
>>
>> In English yes, because the only way to tell which part of the
>> sentence is which is by word order.  (Most?) other languages have
>> other methods besides just the order of the words.
>
> You mean other languages use inflections to distinguish intended meanings?

Indeed. Try the slavic group of languages. When the Kat gets angry she
immediately defaults to thinking in Slovak and then translating word for
word into English - Most amusing :-)

Put down that brick, Kat. Put it ...Aaargh!

John
--
Cogito sum,|| wbu### [at] tznvypbz (rot'ed) || GPG Key Fingerprint:
ergo sum,  ||   These opinions are mine alone,   || 0D9BCF4CF1B71CA2F5F7