POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : When B, A : Re: When B, A Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:19:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: When B, A
From: scott
Date: 16 Mar 2010 12:35:02
Message: <4b9fb336$1@news.povray.org>
> To me, the weird thing about language is that just changing the order of
> words can totally transform the meaning of the sentence...

In English yes, because the only way to tell which part of the sentence is
which is by word order.  (Most?) other languages have other methods besides
just the order of the words.

This catches me out sometimes if I try to translate a phrase directly from
German to English, sometimes I get completely the wrong meaning because I
paid too much attention to the word order and not the words themselves.