POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : When B, A : Re: When B, A Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:17:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: When B, A
From: scott
Date: 16 Mar 2010 11:58:27
Message: <4b9faaa3@news.povray.org>
>  Most sentences of the form "A when B" can be changed to "when B, A" and
> it will still be a valid sentece and the meaning won't change. For
> example:

BTW this works for lots of other words, not just "when".

Because I'm already late, I'm taking the bus.
I'm taking the bus because I'm already late.

After I've finished, I'm going home.
I'm going home after I've finished.

Although it's hot, I'm keeping my jacket on.
I'm keeping my jacket on although it's hot.

Wherever we end up, it's going to fun.
It's going to be fun wherever we end up.

I never thought about it before, but I guess in most cases it doesn't matter
which way round you say sentences like that.