POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : You lose some... : Re: You lose some... Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:21:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: You lose some...
From: scott
Date: 16 Mar 2010 07:21:18
Message: <4b9f69ae$1@news.povray.org>
> But more than all that, the image is *boring*. I guess that's the trouble;
> I spend hours tweaking radiosity settings trying to get the best quality,
> and completely overlook the fact that the image isn't worth bothering with
> in the first place.

OOC what are you trying to model?  It seems to me like you are creative
enough to have the idea, it's just you lack the skill needed to convert
those ideas accurately into POV.  If so don't worry, you can learn those
skills if you put the effort in (eg posting to pbi and listening to what
people say, reading up on various POV tutorial sites, looking through the
pbg and pbi groups here, etc).  People who are "expert" at POV are not
experts because they were born knowing how to use POV, but because they put
in a lot of time with the program and learned from their experiences.  There
is no reason why you can't do the same, but don't expect to become an expert
in a few weeks.