POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : You lose some... : Re: You lose some... Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:20:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: You lose some...
From: Invisible
Date: 16 Mar 2010 06:55:07
Message: <4b9f638b$1@news.povray.org>
>> I'm no graphic artist, and I don't think I ever will be. :-(
>

> looking at the images too long and see it differently than others would
> see it.

If I use a point-light, the image looks like it's inside a dark, spooky
cave. If I turn on radiosity, all the lighting is dead flat. (Except for
some large black patches of unknown origin, which are completely
unaffected by any radiosity settings.)

But more than all that, the image is *boring*. I guess that's the
trouble; I spend hours tweaking radiosity settings trying to get the
best quality, and completely overlook the fact that the image isn't
worth bothering with in the first place.

Now a *real*, trained expert would know about things like composition
and so forth, and could come up with something interesting. But me? I
just look at a blank screen and think "hmm, maybe throw some procedural
geometry at that?" and the result is naff.

Then again, I also fail at composing music. I can take a piece of music
and tell you exactly why it's cool. But I can't write cool music. I
can't think of anything original, I can only copy other people.

I guess, fundamentally, I'm just too rigidly logical to be creative. :-(