POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Try Haskell : Re: Try Haskell Server Time
4 Sep 2024 17:20:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Try Haskell
From: scott
Date: 15 Mar 2010 11:19:07
Message: <4b9e4feb$1@news.povray.org>
> I'm pretty sure if I tried to explain the rules of gravitation to a girl,
> I wouldn't _have_ a girlfriend for very long...

She wasn't interested in space before she met me, it's only when she saw
Saturn through the telescope that she thought it was really cool and started
to read a lot about it - she asks lots of questions.  But it's a very fine
line to tread, if I try to make things too simple I get the "I'm not dumb -
god who did you date before me" line, but go too far the other way and you
get "ok i don't understand, i give up, don't bother".

> Heh, oh well. I was expecting the reply to be "I can't think of anything
> that Haskell would be useful for". ;-)

Well that too :-)  I guess I just don't do much of the sort of stuff Haskell
would be really good for.  OOC are there any "classic" examples of real life
stuff Haskell does better than other languages?  Might give me some ideas.