POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mozart : Re: Mozart Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:16:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mozart
From: Kevin Wampler
Date: 14 Mar 2010 15:01:59
Message: <4b9d32a7$1@news.povray.org>
Sabrina Kilian wrote:

> He did say pieces of classical piano music.
>
> If you want difficult to play, look for "Faerie's Aire and Death Waltz".
> I would say listen to it but that requires that it is possible to play
> it correctly, which I hear is not possible.

Unless he means "classical" in the strict sense (which I doubt since I'd
tend to call the Moonlight sonata early- or transition-romantic anyway)
then I'm also talking about the same type of music.  Even if you exclude
the really insane avant-garde pieces there's plenty of normal classical
  (in the general sense) piano music which is harder than the Moonlight
Sonata.

Also, my understanding is that Faerie's Aire and Death Waltz was written
as a piece of music-notational art (or a notational joke) and as not
intended to actually be played, so I wasn't counting it (as well as any
number of electronic or player piano pieces which would also be
impossible to actually perform).