POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Coraline (mini-review) : Re: Coraline (mini-review) Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:19:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Coraline (mini-review)
From: UncleHoot
Date: 13 Mar 2010 20:37:06
Message: <4b9c3dc2$1@news.povray.org>
From: "Warp" <war### [at] tagpovrayorg>
Sent: Thursday, March 11, 2010 5:52 PM
Newsgroups: povray.off-topic
Subject: Re: Coraline (mini-review)

> nemesis <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>> BTW, the wikipedia entry says 3D models and facial expressions were
>> printed with a 3D printer and used in Coraline.  So, aside from
>> rendering, there's CG in there. ;)
>
>  I wouldn't say CG per se. Maybe CAD?

Can't remember where I read it, but it's stop-motion and CG.  I guess I'd
have to watch it again and try to pick out the CG.  The article specifically
mentions the fact that they wanted to blend old and new.

2D animation generally contains "CG" to some extent now as well.  Some
things are just easier if there is a computer involved.  But then, we all
know that here...  ;-)