POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : A case of the supids : A case of the supids Server Time
7 Jul 2024 07:46:58 EDT (-0400)
  A case of the supids
From: Simon
Date: 11 Mar 2010 19:43:49
Message: <4b998e45$1@news.povray.org>
Hi all.

I've been staring at this for 20 minutes and I'm obviously missing
something really obvious. Would one of you be kind enough to point out
my mistake?

I want to stand a box on one corner (so the lowest corner is at the
origin) and rotate it about the y axis (which should pass directly
through the upper/lower corners).

box {-.5,.5
	texture{BoxTexture}
	rotate 45*z
	rotate 45*x
	translate y*pow(3,.5)/2
	rotate -y*(30+clock*360)
}

I also have a plane {y,0} with a reflective texture. The tip of the
reflection and box come _very_ close but do not quite touch (more than
an AA artifact).

When the cube is rotated, the top/bottom corners describe small circles
horizontally - Which leads me to conclude I haven't rotated the cube
correctly - but 45/45 seems intuitively correct?

What am I doing wrong when orientating the box?

Sorry to have to ask such a simple question - I've just been staring at
it too long

Many thanks in advance