POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : building POV3.6.1 on Debian Lenny amd64, how to enable X or SVGA? : Re: building POV3.6.1 on Debian Lenny amd64, how to enable X or SVGA? Server Time
13 May 2024 11:54:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: building POV3.6.1 on Debian Lenny amd64, how to enable X or SVGA?
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 9 Mar 2010 12:12:05
Message: <4b968165$1@news.povray.org>
Le 09/03/2010 17:03, David J Bush nous fit lire :
> When I ran configure, it completed without error, but it said:
>
> checking for vga_init in -lvga... no
> configure: SVGAlib display will be disabled
> checking for X... no
> configure: X Window display will be disabled
>
> Here is what I hope are the relevant sections of config.log:
>

> configure:8755:27: error: X11/Intrinsic.h: No such file or directory

> Am I missing some library package or other package?

David, read the log...

Yes, you are missing the libxt-dev package, at least.
(as reported by dpkg --search /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h on my system)

http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=libxt-dev

You probably will need some other -dev libraries too once that issue has
been solved (by installing the package)...