POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : HDMI cable confusion/paranoia : Re: HDMI cable confusion/paranoia Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:21:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: HDMI cable confusion/paranoia
From: scott
Date: 8 Mar 2010 11:18:34
Message: <4b95235a$1@news.povray.org>
>> (And that of course is the other undesirable thing about digital TV.
>> There used to be, like, 5 channels, 4 of them containing high quality
>> programming. Now there's 500 channels and they're *all* showing utter
>> crap that nobody would ever want to watch...)
>
> That has nothing to do with digital TV. It's just the drop of quality
> programming happened at the same time. Correlation != causation.

If we were still limited by analogue bandwidth to only 4 or 5 channels, I
fail to see how 99% of the rubbish channels that there are now would even
exist.  The fact that digital allowed a couple orders of magnitude more
channels to be available IMO caused the average quality of progamming
available to drop massively.

Do what I do, simply program in the best channels, ignore the other 99% of
channels, and suddenly you can be back to almost a reasonable average
quality level.