POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Speaks : Speaks Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:18:50 EDT (-0400)
  Speaks
From: Invisible
Date: 8 Mar 2010 07:01:56
Message: <4b94e734$1@news.povray.org>
According to Wiktionary (which is never wrong), "speaks" is

   "Third-person singular simple present indicative form of 'speak'."

All of which sounds really, really complicated.

In fact, just the other day I was thinking about this. The rules of
English grammer (and, I presume, every other language on the face on the
Earth) are very complicated indeed. And yet, almost everybody is easily
able to work them out. Even though most people don't conciously know
what the rules of grammar are, they manage to learn and apply them!

(For example, ask some random person on the street if "I are slept" is
correct English, they will almost certainly tell you it's wrong. Far
fewer people will be able to explain *why* it's wrong.)

That's really mental...