POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Matrix sequels : Re: Matrix sequels Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:21:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Matrix sequels
From: Darren New
Date: 7 Mar 2010 18:43:06
Message: <4b943a0a$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   Thus one can conclude that machines do have a free will and can move
> into the Matrix without the Architect's or anybody else's control.

I was trying to express that programs from the machine world may have free
will, while the programs designed to run the Matrix do not. When one of them
gets free will by merging with The One, it sets off a chain reaction that
will eventually crash the Matrix unless The One returns to finish merging
into the collection that is the Oracle.

Sure, machines from outside the Matrix have free will. But the ones written
later just to run the Matrix might not. The "raven" programs don't, and if
they go wrong they get deleted.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   The question in today's corporate environment is not