POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : HDMI cable confusion/paranoia : Re: HDMI cable confusion/paranoia Server Time
4 Sep 2024 21:19:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: HDMI cable confusion/paranoia
From: UncleHoot
Date: 6 Mar 2010 22:23:40
Message: <4b931c3c@news.povray.org>
> In reality, we just swapped analogue distortion for compression artifacts.

Yep.  In some cases, it's more pronounced than in others.  Initially,
satellite HDTV was horrible in comparison to what's available now.  They
simply didn't have the bandwidth to support it.  Even now, I can notice it a
little bit, but for the most part, I don't see the artifacts.  Artifacts are
most noticeable in dark images.