POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : HDMI cable confusion/paranoia : Re: HDMI cable confusion/paranoia Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:19:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: HDMI cable confusion/paranoia
From: Darren New
Date: 6 Mar 2010 19:02:20
Message: <4b92ed0c$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   I have no idea what that has to do with modulation.

I'm not talking about modulation. I'm pointing out that there's no such
thing as a digital signal, unless you start getting into quantum
cryptography or something.  It doesn't matter if it's modulated or not.

There's no such thing as a digital signal. There's only a signal that you
choose to interpret in a digital way. But that's a feature of
interpretation, not a feature of the signal.

For example, digital CDMA cell phones do not operate if the actual
over-the-air signal is digital. They rely on looking at the analog
properties of the radio waves to sort out the digital signals. Beyond just
the tuning bit.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   The question in today's corporate environment is not