POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : HDMI cable confusion/paranoia : Re: HDMI cable confusion/paranoia Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:21:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: HDMI cable confusion/paranoia
From: Darren New
Date: 6 Mar 2010 12:00:41
Message: <4b928a39$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> I've only seen HD stuff in shops, but from what I can tell, there's no
> visible difference between HD and SD.

That's exactly what I'm talking about. There's really a tremendous
difference, but you have to notice it by switching back and forth between HD
and SD.

It's like playing a game with all the graphics turned up, vs playing in 256
colors at 640x480.

> If I ever get time to set up my
> mum's new BluRay player, maybe I can test for myself.

I do like bluray better than hddvd. I'm glad they won. I prefer the
speckly-dithering to the blocky compression, especially at more than a foot
from the screen.

> everybody's going on like it fundamentally transforms your viewing
> experience. But it's only 4x the resolution.

And digital, meaning no blur or color smear.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   The question in today's corporate environment is not