POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : HDMI cable confusion/paranoia : Re: HDMI cable confusion/paranoia Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:19:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: HDMI cable confusion/paranoia
From: Darren New
Date: 5 Mar 2010 17:15:47
Message: <4b918293@news.povray.org>
Jeremy "UncleHoot" Praay wrote:
> Yes, but if the bits start out as 101 and end-up as 101 on both the high
> quality cable and the low quality cable (every time),

Right. I'm just saying that the equipment at each end determines how good
quality cable you need. You can't test a cable on lab equipment and say "we
got no errors, so you won't either."   It's like saying "we put X brand
gasoline in our car and got 40MPG, so you will to."

I think we understand each other. :-)

> It doesn't just paint the same frame?

That's what they *say*.  Whether they're just full of it, I couldn't say.
The demos make it look better, but then they would.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   The question in today's corporate environment is not