POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Binary trees, branches and leaves : Re: Binary trees, branches and leaves Server Time
8 Oct 2024 10:04:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Binary trees, branches and leaves
From: Darren New
Date: 5 Mar 2010 14:10:33
Message: <4b915729$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> I think it could be supported efficiently; I just
> can't think of any language which does it.

C# lets you declare arrays of objects that are inline like C++, and the
generic "List" class will generate special versions when you instantiate it
with a class that is pass-by-value, but the nature of the pass-by-value
objects is that you can't inherit from them and add any fields, so the
question doesn't come up.

>>   Perhaps not *impossible*, but as you may guess, quite hard and kludgey.
>
> Not if it's hard-wired into the language.

Yeah. C++ style OO is kludgey in C. That's why cfront was written. :-)

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   The question in today's corporate environment is not