POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Try Haskell : Re: Try Haskell Server Time
4 Sep 2024 17:16:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Try Haskell
From: Darren New
Date: 5 Mar 2010 13:46:01
Message: <4b915169$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> (ie. the spinning wheel simply indicates that something is being done, but
> the program has no way of knowing how much will be done).

Not in Windows!  :-)   Try turning of the remote computer while you're
copying files to it with Explorer.  Do you think those fluttering pages stop
flying from one folder to the other? NooooOOOoooo...

> the overall progress bar at 100%, but the program still doing things for
> several tens of seconds).

I will say I've seen this happen when the flush() call at the end actually
takes 30 to 90 seconds.  Once you figure out what's going on, it's not that
bad, tho.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   The question in today's corporate environment is not