POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Question about the double-slit experiment : Re: Question about the double-slit experiment Server Time
4 Sep 2024 11:22:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Question about the double-slit experiment
From: Phil Cook v2
Date: 5 Mar 2010 05:38:13
Message: <4b90df15@news.povray.org>
On 22/02/2010 21:00, Warp wrote:
>    What if instead of having a double-slit, you have a triple-slit?
> I suppose the interference pattern would be that which can be expected
> from a wave which goes through the three slits.
>
>    However, what happens if you put a detector in one of the slits?

As I understand it is that with two slits and no detector the particle
passes through slits 1 and 2, with a detector it passes through 1 or 2.
So with three slits and no detector you'd get an interference pattern as
it passes through slits 1, 2, and 3; with one detector on 3 it'd pass
through slits 1 and 2, or 3.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com