POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I wrote this! : I wrote this! Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:16:24 EDT (-0400)
  I wrote this!
From: Invisible
Date: 4 Mar 2010 05:50:14
Message: <4b8f9066@news.povray.org>
OK people, here it is. The legendary Disaster Recovery Plan that I
wrote. My employer has released it to me (in redacted form, obviously).

Aside from a few small sentences, this entire document is my own
creation. (If I really wanted, I could go through the document history
and track these down. The sentence about "layered products" isn't mine;
that's my predecessor. He was good at whaffle.)

The document used to be bigger than this, back when we had more servers.
Everything is so centralised now that there aren't many local systems to
fail, and hence to plan for. It's basically "if the Internet goes down,
we're all screwed".

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'disaster recovery.pdf' (54 KB)