POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Me and my guitar : Re: Me and my guitar Server Time
4 Sep 2024 21:23:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Me and my guitar
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 4 Mar 2010 02:44:54
Message: <4b8f64f6$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 a écrit :

> For that matter... tea bags. What are tea bags made out of?
>
> You didn't say paper, did you?
>
> Think about it. If you get paper wet, it instantly falls apart. If you
> get it even slightly moist, it falls apart. So... what the **** are tea
> bags made of?! I mean, you pour BOILING WATER onto them! And then you
> squish them, and they still don't break.
>
> For that matter, what the hell kind of glue to you glue them shut with
> that doesn't disolve in boiling water, and is non-toxic??

1: Tea bag are bad.
They are a misuse of the original intend: individual dose of tea, to be
removed from the bag. Lazyness and clueless make such wonders!

The "paper" is made of long vegetable fibers (such as abaca, a kind of
banana cultivated for its fibers on the trunk), as opposed to the finely
reduced fibers (and stones) in your nicest glossy white sheet of paper.

The glue can be just any thermoplastic: PVC or polypropylene.
As it does not disolve, it can be toxic, no problem, you're not supposed
to chew the teabag.

2: Worse than tea bag for the environment: the coffee capsule.

3: Use a tea infuser, only junk the exhausted tea-leaves.

It took some Americans to start the tea-bag, but Europeans are to be
blamed for the capsule.