POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Me and my guitar : Re: Me and my guitar Server Time
4 Sep 2024 23:18:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Me and my guitar
From: Darren New
Date: 3 Mar 2010 12:53:15
Message: <4b8ea20b$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>> (I probably wouldn't have needed the clarification except that I exasperated
>> you recently and you might think it was something personal. :-)
>
>   I think you are being paranoid.

Just careful, because I like and respect you, and that doesn't always come
across in ASCII. I'm glad you didn't read it in a way it wasn't intended. :-)

>   Pros play so effortlessly and so perfectly that it is, indeed, quite
> admirable. But it's always the result of lots, lots, lots and lots of
> practice. Like at least 6 hours straight every single day for years.

Indeed.

> I could never hope to reach that level. I don't have the motivation nor
> the patience.

Not for music, but for programming. I imagine musical pros would go "Whoa,
how do you do that?" when seeing some of the cool programs you're written.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   The question in today's corporate environment is not