POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Me and my guitar : Re: Me and my guitar Server Time
4 Sep 2024 23:21:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Me and my guitar
From: Invisible
Date: 3 Mar 2010 11:46:14
Message: <4b8e9256@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:

>   Pros play so effortlessly and so perfectly that it is, indeed, quite
> admirable. But it's always the result of lots, lots, lots and lots of
> practice. Like at least 6 hours straight every single day for years.
> I could never hope to reach that level. I don't have the motivation nor
> the patience.

I've seen Carl Palmer play live several times now. He always as a couple
of other performers with him (because, let's face it, who's going to
listen to a drummer for 2 hours?) One of them is this guy called Paul or
something. He looks about 12 years old [although obviously he isn't].
Big mop of blond hair. And he can do absurd things to a guitar. I'll
never forget watching him play The Flight of the Bumblebee. Christ, that
was insane...

Some might argue that the facial expressions are over the top. But hey,
when you can play this well, I think you're entitled to look enthusiastic!

I have no idea how the hell somebody this young got to be so damned good.