POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Try Haskell : Re: Try AJAX Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:17:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Try AJAX
From: scott
Date: 3 Mar 2010 05:03:46
Message: <4b8e3402$1@news.povray.org>
> Right, so... if I'm understanding this right, XMLHttpRequest allows a mere
> script to instruct the browser to send an HTTP request, and return the
> body of the response as data, which the script can then further
> manipulate?

What happens when the user presses the back button after such a process?
Can the script intercept this and provide its own "back" functionality?

I've definitely got annoyed by some sites where you hit the back button and
it takes you to a site you were looking at 10 minutes ago, because all the
things you've been doing on this site haven't actually loaded a new page...