POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Try Haskell : Re: Try Haskell Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:15:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Try Haskell
From: scott
Date: 2 Mar 2010 06:43:58
Message: <4b8cf9fe$1@news.povray.org>
> http://tryhaskell.org/

The tutorial was good up until step 7, then the line:

> let villain = (28,"chirs") in fst villain

Made no sense at all.  I get it returns 28, but it's confusing what's going
on, why the need for a variable (I assume villain is a variable name?).  I
would have thought that writing 'fst (28,"chirs")' would be the thing to do
to return 28? (I guess that fst returns the first element of a list?)

A lot of guessing and confusing on my part without much explanation...