POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : What's in an IDE? : Re: What's in an IDE? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:23:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What's in an IDE?
From: Darren New
Date: 1 Mar 2010 20:47:02
Message: <4b8c6e16$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>>>   (Besides, what is *your* definition of "IDE", if CMake isn't one?)
>
>> CMake is just a new version of make, or a makefile generator, I forget
>> which. It's not integrated, and it's not an environment, any more than make
>> itself is.
>
>   You said what CMake is/isn't, not what an "IDE" is...

You weren't talking to me. :-)  I wasn't sure you knew what cmake was, so I
was clarifying that it wasn't an IDE. :-)

I don't consider cmake a development environment. It's one tool that's part
of some development environments.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   The question in today's corporate environment is not