POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Why is Haskell interesting? : Re: Why is Haskell interesting? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:20:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why is Haskell interesting?
From: Warp
Date: 1 Mar 2010 15:02:44
Message: <4b8c1d64@news.povray.org>
> Warp wrote:
> > Darren New <dne### [at] sanrrcom> wrote:
> >> Let's ask this: Why doesn't C++ have encapsulation?
> >
> >   Clearly we have a different definition of "encapsulation".

> I explained why encapsulation is important and why unsafe languages don't
> have it.  What's your definition of encapsulation, and why does it make a
> difference to the programming productivity?

  It seems that in your quest to belittle "unsafe languages" you have taken
some obscure definition of a term somewhere, treat it as if it was the
unversally accepted definition, and point out how your beloved "unsafe
languages" don't conform to that obscure definition.

  Encapsulation in object-oriented languages is not *my* definition:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Encapsulation_%28object-oriented_programming%29

  Nowhere do I see anything related to what you wrote.

--
                                                          - Warp