POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : What's in an IDE? : Re: What's in an IDE? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 17:17:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What's in an IDE?
From: Darren New
Date: 1 Mar 2010 12:15:22
Message: <4b8bf62a$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> a Java class file with about 30 lines of JavaDoc comment stubs, argument
> parsing and exception handling, and so on. (E.g., main() parses the
> argument list, and if it sees "--help", it calls a stub method named
> help() which you're supposed to fill in.)

Right. Because most people actually want that when writing code complicated
enough to need an IDE.

That said, you're aware that Java sucks in this regard, right? :-)

> Oh, and do NOT try to delete or rename classes. VS apparently doesn't
> like this at all.

You have to do it right. In my versions, renaming the file also renames the
class and all references to it.

> And trying to figure out where VS stores them is
> nontrivial,

Everything generated is in obj or bin, depending on whether it's
intermediate files or final executables. Does "nontrivial" mean "I had to
actually go take a look or read some documentation"?

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   The question in today's corporate environment is not