POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : What's in an IDE? : Re: What's in an IDE? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:17:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What's in an IDE?
From: scott
Date: 1 Mar 2010 02:57:25
Message: <4b8b7365$1@news.povray.org>
> Microsoft VisualStudio.

Even the free version of VS has a GUI for setting up and accessing local and
remote databases from your code (Data -> Add New Data Source gets you
started).  It also writes the GUI code based on what you design in the Form
Designer GUI.  It also will create distribution packages for you with
installers etc automatically.  I think you need the paid version to get all
the version control stuff, but I could be wrong (never looked into that
myself).

This sounds familiar to your argument that 3D Studio Max is rubbish because
you only figured out how to work 1 feature of it (out of 10000) :-)