POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Why is Haskell interesting? : Re: Why is Haskell interesting? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:20:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why is Haskell interesting?
From: Warp
Date: 27 Feb 2010 18:28:21
Message: <4b89aa95@news.povray.org>
> You can't do "c at 2", but there's no reason you couldn't do "c `at` 2".

  If this were C++, it would actually be "c.at(2)" (in fact, with indexable
STL containers it not only *would* be, but actually *is* like that; well, at
least if you want boundary checks that is.)

  But I suppose that since Haskell is not an OO language and its dot operator
probably means something else altogether, making it like that would probably
be difficult (and would probably require a complete syntax redesign).

> >   Btw, what is logical not in Haskell?

> You're going to love this...

> It's "not". As in "not (x == y)".

  Why suddenly have one operator be a comprehensible word? Were they
uninspired when they thought up that one? :P

--
                                                          - Warp