POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Coding in ___ is like ___ : Re: Coding in ___ is like ___ Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:18:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Coding in ___ is like ___
From: Kevin Wampler
Date: 26 Feb 2010 11:33:10
Message: <4b87f7c6$1@news.povray.org>
Captain Jack wrote:

> Coding in SNOBOL is like writing a phone book because... well, because that
> was all it was ever used for.

Wow, it's not often I hear that language mentioned.  Apparently it was
also somewhat popular with people in non-technical academic fields since
they found the string processing capabilities useful.

One of these days I'm going to learn it just because I'm curious about
it, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.