POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Coding in ___ is like ___ : Re: Coding in ___ is like ___ Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:21:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Coding in ___ is like ___
From: Darren New
Date: 26 Feb 2010 11:18:58
Message: <4b87f472@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> I'd say that Perl is like

PHP is exactly this, yes.

> I'm not familiar with Ruby, Scheme, or Mozart. Of course I've heard of
> all these things, but I don't know anything about them. (I started
> reading a Ruby tutorial, but the random inconsistant syntax put me off.
> And the ham.)

Yep. And the fact that the guy who wrote the most definitive texts doesn't
actually know what the language does. (At several points in the Axe book,
the author says "It seems to do this" or "it apparently does that.") And the
fact that between minor version 18 and minor version 19 they made a bunch of
unneccesary and seemingly trivial changes to defaults that would
nevertheless break any program that relied on those defaults. Those are the
main reasons I never really pursued it.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   The question in today's corporate environment is not