POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Coding in ___ is like ___ : Re: Coding in ___ is like ___ Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:17:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Coding in ___ is like ___
From: Darren New
Date: 26 Feb 2010 11:13:03
Message: <4b87f30f$1@news.povray.org>
Kevin Wampler wrote:
> Makes sense.  I think the runtime code generation was what I was
> particularly interested in,

Huh. That's one part I don't think changed that much.  The code generation
is used by the compiler(s) as well as in various places in the libraries.
(For example, regular expressions compile down to IL and then native code if
you set the flag.)

The other one is the LINQ thing, where you can set a flag that says "give me
this expression as a parse tree rather than generating code", but that's
limited to LINQ so far.

It's the "Reflection.Emit" namespace you want.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   The question in today's corporate environment is not