POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Coding in ___ is like ___ : Re: Coding in ___ is like ___ Server Time
4 Sep 2024 11:23:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Coding in ___ is like ___
From: Darren New
Date: 25 Feb 2010 17:58:58
Message: <4b8700b2$1@news.povray.org>
Kevin Wampler wrote:
> evidence for the need for better error messages

I was actually pretty impressed by the C# IDE from MS. I wrote

void do_it(int a, int b, int c = 0) { ... }

and the error message wasn't ") or , expected" or "syntax error", but rather
a pointer to the = and the message "C# does not support default arguments."

I was also impressed when I started up my program under test in full screen
and the IDE bumped its debugger windows over to the second screen and put
them back when the program exited. Cool attention to detail.  Not that this
has anything to do with the current thread.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   The question in today's corporate environment is not