POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : American vs. European government systems : Re: American vs. European government systems Server Time
4 Sep 2024 11:19:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: American vs. European government systems
From: Darren New
Date: 25 Feb 2010 17:55:45
Message: <4b86fff1$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   If that kind of law (ie. all handguns illegal, confiscated without
> recompensation) was enacted in the US, it would most probably result in a
> civil war.

It just wouldn't get enforced. The federal government has no forces to do
that other than the military, and a fairly recent poll (like a few years
ago) asked "would you assist in wide-spread confiscation of firearms from US
citizens" of the general soldiers and about 70% said they wouldn't.

But yeah, this is the whole "we don't trust our government here" that also
drives having juries and etc etc etc.

That's why all the arguments here over whether a firearm is appropriate for
hunting game or something like that are simply smokescreens.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   The question in today's corporate environment is not