POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Wings3D UV texture mapping tutorial : Re: Wings3D UV texture mapping tutorial Server Time
4 Sep 2024 11:17:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wings3D UV texture mapping tutorial
From: Darren New
Date: 25 Feb 2010 16:43:36
Message: <4b86ef08$1@news.povray.org>
Captain Jack wrote:
> In my experience, rigging is hard, no matter what the tool,

I'm not surprised. Also, I expect modeling is hard if you only use one tool
for all your modeling. For example, Blender seems OK at characters, H:AM
even more so perhaps, but they both are pretty bad at (say) architecture. I
have to imagine there's an easier way of doing architecture. Wings comes
close, but you still have to be hiding walls so you can see the inside, and
you still have no way of making a ladder without overlapping stuff somehow.

I've played with H:AM, giving up only because it was so crashtastic. It was
pretty nice once you got the hang of it.

> Rigging and modeling don't have to be in the same program, though... I know
> lots of people that model in Wings, Silo, Hexagon, and/or ZBrush to make a
> finished model before taking it to another program to rig.

Yeah, that was what I was considering.

> Carrara isn't insanely expensive, especially if you get the discount
[snip]

Thanks for the info. I've saved it. :-)

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   The question in today's corporate environment is not