POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Wings3D UV texture mapping tutorial : Re: Wings3D UV texture mapping tutorial Server Time
4 Sep 2024 11:16:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wings3D UV texture mapping tutorial
From: Darren New
Date: 25 Feb 2010 15:44:12
Message: <4b86e11c$1@news.povray.org>
Captain Jack wrote:
> Dunno... I use Carrara and Cinema 4D for rendering and a little modeling,
> but neither one is free. They both do bones and animation, though. I find
> Poser's bone system hard to use, but it's at least a little less expensive.

Well, cheap would be OK too. I have money. I'm just not going to spend $3K
on a modeling program when I have no artistic abilities. :-)

> I've been hearing great things about the new interface with Blender 2.5, so
> it might be worth checking out. I never could do rigging in it before, or
> remember which hot keys did what, but maybe it's gotten easier.

I did a character with bones and an animation (based on tutorials) in
Blender. It wasn't excruciating, but it was bad enough that I have to
believe someone has done better. Whether that "better" is less than
"enterprise/professional" price range, I can't say.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   The question in today's corporate environment is not