POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Wings3D UV texture mapping tutorial : Re: Wings3D UV texture mapping tutorial Server Time
4 Sep 2024 11:20:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wings3D UV texture mapping tutorial
From: Captain Jack
Date: 25 Feb 2010 15:26:44
Message: <4b86dd04@news.povray.org>
news:4b86d9a7@news.povray.org...

> Now, if I could just find a usable, free modeler that can do bones and
> animations, I'm golden. :-)  I just may have to try getting back into
> blender again if there's no better suggestion.  Does DAZ5 support that
> sort of thing? I downloaded it but haven't tried it yet.

Dunno... I use Carrara and Cinema 4D for rendering and a little modeling,
but neither one is free. They both do bones and animation, though. I find
Poser's bone system hard to use, but it's at least a little less expensive.

I've been hearing great things about the new interface with Blender 2.5, so
it might be worth checking out. I never could do rigging in it before, or
remember which hot keys did what, but maybe it's gotten easier.

--
Jack