POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Pricing : Re: Pricing Server Time
4 Sep 2024 17:20:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pricing
From: Darren New
Date: 22 Feb 2010 13:32:29
Message: <4b82cdbd$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> Darren New wrote:
>> Invisible wrote:
>>> Or until they fire me, more like. ;-)
>>
>> Not really.  Remember how everyone keeps asking you what you're making
>> at *this* job?  That doesn't stop after the second job.
>
> I don't follow.

Let's say at your second job you make 30K. You work there a couple years,
then decide for whatever reason to leave. You talk to a recruiter. What
question does he ask?  "How much are you making now?"

Now, let's say at your second job you make 40K.

In which situation is it more likely you'll find a job making 35K for your
third job?  When the recruiter asks "How much are you making now?", they're
asking because they're using that as a basis for which jobs to look at, and
as a tool for telling the employer how much you're likely to accept.

For the same reason that you're unlikely to go from a $25K job to a $100K
job, you're also unlikely to go from a $100K job to a $25K job.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   The question in today's corporate environment is not