POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I need a book... : Re: I need a book... Server Time
4 Sep 2024 11:15:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I need a book...
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 22 Feb 2010 10:28:33
Message: <4b82a2a1$1@news.povray.org>
On 2/22/2010 8:16 AM, Invisible wrote:
> Go here:
>
> http://www.falstad.com/mathphysics.html

Something that should be on any geek's bookmarks list!

> Scroll down to "signal processing".
>
> They have two applets. One lets you draw an arbitrary waveform and see
> its Fourier series, draw an arbitrary Fourier series and let you see its
> waveform, and listen to the result in either case.
>
> They also have a little DSP applet which will let you play [literally!]
> with any kind of FIR or IIR filter known to mankind - not just the usual
> type-I Chebyshev filter, but also type-II, for example. See and hear in
> realtime, tweak the parameters, and so forth.

Yep! These applets are quite fun indeed! I've burned many hours playing
with them.

> That single page also has links to a ridiculous number of other
> addictive applets, like wavetank simulators, circuit simulators, and God
> only knows what else. You might not leave for several hours.

I've actually begun poking around in the source code of the circuit
sim.... Generally well-written stuff, very organized and easy to
understand. Not a whole lot of comments though.

I've had a couple of e-mail exchanges with the author. All around nice guy!

--
~Mike